The Werewolf Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite

3 posters

Go down

[Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite  Empty [Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite

Post  Rex Evan Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Hello again. you guys still remember me ? nah, i guess you guys don't  lol! 
first thing first, i'm really sorry that i'm not active...  Crying or Very sad 
Right now, i'm designing a TWG lite game. this is the first time, so i think you guys opinions will help me balancing it.and, sorry for my english. i'm still learning english.  Laughing 

TWG lite – Haunted School
9 Players + 1 Host | Easy Level | 1-4 Days

Short Story :
You and the other 8 Students were trapped in a haunted school. You had been told that there were a ghost that will kill anyone approached him in the night. Moreover, our ghostbuster has been found dead. He left us a Handgun, which can be used to kill someone, including the ghost. Some of the student thought that the ghost was the culprit. But you knew, beside a ghost, there were a killer among you.

Roles :

Goodies
Normal Students : Have advantange of numbers. Don’t have any special power. [5 Players]
Seer : The one who can see a student role at night phase. [1 Player]

Baddies
Ghost : You can kill one student at night phase [1 Player]
Culprit : The one who had killed the ghostbuster. Have an skill called “Day kill” . He can kill someone at Day phase. Only Once.

Non- Aligment Player
Deadlocker : You can “Lock”a Player. The player can’t use his power but also can’t be killed. [The player got Roleblocked and Protected at the same time]

Special Item : Handgun
Since I don’t use Sniper. It will be replaced by this Item.
How to use Handgun and Ifs :

Power Priority
Lynch > Instant Kill >Deadlocker > Handgun = Kill >  Scan

Winning Condition
Goodies : Take out all the baddies
Baddies : Numbers of Goodies = Baddies or at least 1 Baddie Survives.
Deadlocker : Survive.

Last edited by Rex Evan on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rex Evan
Rex Evan

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite  Empty Re: [Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite

Post  DragonEye Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:45 pm

I remember you. Lets see. The balance is a bit off with the amount of night kills that can go off and the choice of giving the gun to. But its a interesting twist to try. Best to run a test run to find any flaws. But you still need more rulings though. Like with the deadlocker vs the gun being used. Its it used and passed to another or blocked to be used for another time.
DragonEye
DragonEye

https://www.facebook.com/Anthony.Strause.DragonEye

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite  Empty Re: [Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite

Post  DragonEye Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 pm

I remember you. Lets see. The balance is a bit off with the amount of night kills that can go off and the choice of giving the gun to. But its a interesting twist to try. Best to run a test run to find any flaws. But you still need more rulings though. Like with the deadlocker vs the gun being used. Its it used and passed to another or blocked to be used for another time.
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  rhaidot Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:44 pm

I do remember you Rex, we are almost welcoming players and double-welcoming Game Masters Very Happy

DE, besides your double post, you did not read carefully the "HOW TO USE HANDGUN AND IFS :"

"3. If handler was also the ghost’s target, the Handgun automaticaly will be used to protect the handler, but both the handler and the ghost will die as a result.
4. If the handler was the Deadlocker’s target. Then the Handgun automaticaly will protect the deadlocker.
5. After using the Handgun, the handler then tell the Host via PM who will be given the Handgun. "

I will give it a shot, I suck to say if a game is balanced or not, but I will play it right now, It will be a funny massacre with that gun  Twisted Evil 
rhaidot
rhaidot
Dicer King

http://rhaidot.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:58 am

You failed to realize that I was trying to say. If the deadlocker blocked the handler. Will the gun still be transfered if the activation was blocked. Also if its possible to hold on the the gun for more than a round.

Also, Cristo, I also noted I made a double post in the chat. And since I'm using a moble device to post, I don't have the option to edit or delete it. So no need to mention the double post If I already known and asked someone if the can delete it like james, sash, or even colby who has the ability to do so.

Beside, the rulings of every scenario haven't been cleared yet. Such as tied votes.
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Evan Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks DE, and rhadiot for remembering me  Very Happy 

DragonEye wrote:You failed to realize that I was trying to say. If the deadlocker blocked the handler. Will the gun still be transfered if the activation was blocked. Also if its possible to hold on the the gun for more than a round.
Beside, the rulings of every scenario haven't been cleared yet. Such as tied votes.

good questions
1. Will the gun still be transfered if the activation was blocked ?
it still will be transfered. though it had blocked by the deadlocker. The handler has to give it to other player [via PM to Host]. in a nutshell, the deadlocker may block the shoot, but can't block the transfering.

2. is it possible to hold on the the gun for more than a round ?
no, player can't be the handler more than 1 night. if the player choose to not giving it to anybody. then Host will choose it by random.the player can choose to not shoot someone, but still he has to give it back to Host [and tell the Host about the next handler would be].

3. yeah,the rules.. i will see other TWGs as preference, but I will answer this for now
When there's more than 1 player got the highest vote, then first player who got it will be lynched.
Rex Evan
Rex Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  rhaidot Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Keep the good work Rex

DE, after so much time that we don't talk each other, I felt like your answer was a little hard on me. Or you could be joking, in which case I will say something like maybe you failed to write our thoughts. But I will refrain myself for now and only will say, meh.
rhaidot
rhaidot
Dicer King

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 am

Sorry about that cristo, I can be a bit hard for in terms of designing games and balancing.

Also, it best not worry much on to it. All it was, you just misunderstood what I was saying. Water under the bridge now.

That sound good to me with tied vote. Bit more controlled then luck having its judgement hand slapping us in the faces every chance it get.
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:24 am

Yeah, it was a joke with me bring out the whole double post thing. I hate the movile version though, ever since the site appearance changed, I don't have that arrow to change to the normal version which has the quotings, edits, and that delete button.

Anyways, I see that your not in that facebook chat anymore. So that explains how u missed my message on the double post. Lol
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  rhaidot Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:08 am

Oh yeah, I left the chat because I hadn't time tor read it all, lol
rhaidot
rhaidot
Dicer King

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] balancing my TWG Lite  Empty Rules of the Game

Post  Rex Evan Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm

1. Register
• It takes 9 players [not including the Host] in order to play the game.
• To Register for playing, just post it in thread.
• Please know that you are not very busy when playing this game. Because it’s not fun if all the player is busy in real life.
• Newbie is allowed, but dual polit or dual Id is not allowed

2. Players
• Players should not post anything about Host’s PM
• You are free to manipulate as long as it don’t go againts the rules.
• Do not use any other way [such as facebook] to reveal your role.
• Unless baddies, players should not PMing other players

3. Play
• This Game will run about 1 - 4 days
• Everyday will be split into 2 phases. Day phase and night phase
• In day phase, all the players vote for 1 person to get lynched.
• In night phase, all the players which have power, use their power.
• The Deadline for day phase would be 21.00 and the night phase would be 22.00 [GMT + 8 ] [first, I have to know about the time zone in this forum]

4. Ghost & Audience
• Ghost was a player that had died.
• Ghost and Audience are prohibited to post anything that can disturb the game’s flow
• Ghost and Audience should use different format. So the Host can know the difference betwen Ghost/ Audience and the players

is there any rules to add or remove ?

I’m so sorry guys. I can’t host this game in sometime near the future  Crying or Very sad . Maybe i can host this game someday betwen late july to middle august. But, if there’s any of you want to host the game with this set up. Feel free to use this, I don’t mind at all.  Wink 
Rex Evan
Rex Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:43 pm

Lets see. It seems pretty perfect for now. Cept one major imbalance with the baddies getting to much kills of the bat.

I find that through testing, if baddies obtain the gun, its pretty much a lost. As the baddie 1 can pass it to baddie 2. Allowing a double kill for them 2 nights straight, plus 1 extra during the day with baddie number 2 role.

Though, if baddie number 1 is lynched at the start, it nearly becomes impossible to win as the night kills will completely stop. And baddie 2 can use his role only once.
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Evan Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:37 pm

DragonEye wrote:Lets see. It seems pretty perfect for now. Cept one major imbalance with the baddies getting to much kills of the bat.

I find that through testing, if baddies obtain the gun, its pretty much a lost. As the baddie 1 can pass it to baddie 2. Allowing a double kill for them 2 nights straight, plus 1 extra during the day with baddie number 2 role.

Though, if baddie number 1 is lynched at the start, it nearly becomes impossible to win as the night kills will completely stop. And baddie 2 can use his role only once.

yeah, that's the point for the handler. you can't keep the handgun but if you pass it to wrong person.. it could be the end  lol! 
or
The Ghost can't do double kill.. The ghost can choose only one [shoot using handgun or kill ] when he has the handgun.
which one sounds good ?  scratch 
Rex Evan
Rex Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:41 am

Then the ghost is stupid to use the gun then. Lol, its tells the person he passed it too that he the ghost. Or the ghost can go for a no lynch and the previous owner will look suspicious. Lol
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Evan Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:43 pm

DragonEye wrote:Then the ghost is stupid to use the gun then. Lol, its tells the person he passed it too that he the ghost. Or the ghost can go for a no lynch and the previous owner will look suspicious. Lol

um.. what do you mean ?  Rolling Eyes 
but i think it's pretty clear since ghost always use kill and then one night he didn't [that night he use handgun to kill, not his role]. he will look suspicious and then all player vote for him at the next day phase. but you know, ghost can choose to not kill someone.. so whoever the handler may look suspicious.. in a nutshell, the Handgun a sword for both villager and ghost.. it's about the strategy of both the handler and the ghost use.
Rex Evan
Rex Evan

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:16 am

Yes, I did stated that the the opposite side if the coin there. The ghost can choose not to kill anyone to make the previous owner suspicious.

Oh, an interesting idea, gun can be given via vote by all players. The votes are hidden as they are pmed to GM. Only rule is that one can't vote for themselves. Leads an interesting strategy there.
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down