The Werewolf Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurobasket 2013

3 posters

Go down

Eurobasket 2013 Empty Eurobasket 2013

Post  Sash Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:15 am

Anyone here watching it? If so, opinions on unexpected game results so far? Predictions?
Sash
Sash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eurobasket 2013 Empty Re: Eurobasket 2013

Post  DragonEye Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:32 am

Hm... Guess I'll be your first reply.

I Haven't see EuroBasket (Guessing European basketball?) nor heard of it in fact. Most of my knowledge normally consist of games, movies, animes, etc. Never sports in the end, I play the sports but I find just watching them is pretty boring. It's like watching someone play a MMORPG that you really want to be part of. Neutral
DragonEye
DragonEye

https://www.facebook.com/Anthony.Strause.DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  rhaidot Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Damn DE, that was cold XD

The sad part is that I refrained myself of posting almost the same answer
rhaidot
rhaidot
Dicer King

http://rhaidot.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:48 pm

No idea how that was cold, I was refraining from posting because he wanted to talk to people that watched it and see what other people think of it. After time past I kinda felt bad since no-one replied to his topic, even I was part of it because I felt my post would be more like a spam in the topic saying that I don't watch the series. Even If I do like watching basket ball, I wouldn't be able to watch European much, but American stuff mostly since I'm located in the United States of America.⭐ 
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Sash Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:31 pm

It is a continental tournament, 24 best European national teams compete. It also serves as qualifications for FIBA World Championship and Olympics. Top 6 teams will qualify. There are also continental tournaments for:

Africa - best 3 teams go on
Asia - also best 3
Americas (North, Central, and South America) – 4 teams
Oceania – 2 teams

So, if you want to see your country's team compete for world title, or at Olympics, you can see them proving themselves at continental level first. It is not surprising for someone from US not to be really informed of this, as there is NBA in US, and also that national team never has trouble qualifying.

I also agree that playing sports is better than watching them, but basketball is an exception for me, cause I'm a really big fan. Been playing streetball for over 10 years now, and following national contests for probably even longer. It is probably thanks to the fact that my small messed up country has been winning those contests for quite some time, even being better than US, so it was very exciting for everyone here. Nowadays situation isn't as good, mainly thanks to the NBA and some big European clubs. We still have a ton of talented players, which start off great playing for national team, and then go to big clubs and don't care about national team anymore. Can't really blame them, but it still kinda sucks. It's not too different for US themselves, they rarely send their best to World Championship, usually only for Olympics, just to prove once in a while they are the best.

Anyways, I made this cause there's a lot of surprises on the tournament. Big basketball teams like Russia and Turkey have played horrible, while teams like Ukraine and Italy have completely surprised and dominated. Our national team is also looking good again, despite the fact it was kinda reset again, with 9 new players, out of 12. So, it's a fun thing to watch for basketball fans.
Sash
Sash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rhaidot Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Personally, I like more watching basketball, or any sport for that matters, with my own eyes, especially pro.

As I am tall (for my country standards, 1.80 m) I always liked basket, but sadly, that sport it is not getting much cover, here in Colombia always is soccer this and soccer that, which it is not all bad, but I will really like see others sports.

With Sash's description, I feel really motivate to watch this tournament. I am a sport fan, boxing is my current fav.

DE, I tought that you were trolling a little, but now I see that you just were plain rational, good stuff, sorry for misinterpreting you. You are from USA? Now you are no longer Lost in my Forgotten Memories :cyclops: 
rhaidot
rhaidot
Dicer King

http://rhaidot.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sash Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:52 am

Ye football is getting the most attention here too. No matter how much our clubs and national team suck, people still go crazy over it.
Sash
Sash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DragonEye Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 pm

rhaidot wrote:DE, I tought that you were trolling a little, but now I see that you just were plain rational, good stuff, sorry for misinterpreting you. You are from USA? Now you are no longer Lost in my Forgotten Memories :cyclops:
Maybe I was trolling. Rolling Eyes Maybe not. Laughing 

Yeah, I'm in the United states and in the state of Florida. (Which is all on my facebook profile.) Only thing I really seen is false on there is the school I go to as the wrong state name in it. Didn't really cared to fix it.

BTW, The quote: Lost in your forgotten memories. Was mostly how you can be forum active with nearly everyone know you. But if you take time off of it and return and barely anyone there really remembers you. So I just made up a little quote saying on it and used it since. Razz 

Sash wrote:Ye football is getting the most attention here too. No matter how much our clubs and national team suck, people still go crazy over it.
Same here mostly, All I hear about is Football or Nascar.
DragonEye
DragonEye

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum